Friday, August 16, 2013

Preparing for Career Fairs

Lately, I've been scurrying around the internet in order to ensure CTS's enrollment in certain career fairs, mock interview events, and other recruitment hullabaloo.
We'll be at:
Marquette University: Sept. 26th 3PM-7PM
Milwaukee School of Engineering: Oct. 11th 9Am-2:30 PM
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Industry Expo: Oct. 4th 9AM -2PM
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee All Majors Career Fair: Oct. 10th 9AM-2PM
University of Wisconsin-Platteville: Sept. 24th 10AM-3PM
Wisconsin Private Schools Career Consortium: Feb. 18th 3PM-7PM
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Mock Interview Day: Oct. 22nd
& I'm excited.
The start of Fall semester has always instilled this "fresh start" feeling, or a refreshed kick-start towards positive productivity.
This is the first Fall that I won't be walking to campus as a student. No more checking my online schedule quick before I leave in order to haphazardly scribble down the room number to reference as I'm walking through the fluorescent-lit hallway of Curtin Hall.
Instead, I get to visit multiple campuses this semester & talk with loads of wonderful people dressed in business casual wear.
For many years, I worked as a tutor & mentor to high school STEM students making their way to college. I helped them to make sure that all of their i's were dotted, t's were crossed, and verb tenses agreed throughout their letters, resumes, and essays.
And now I get to jump to the other side of things. I get to speak with these driven people and read their letters, resumes, (and probably not essays...ha). -As well as creep through their impressive LinkedIn, Github, and Stack Overflow accounts.
I love working and speaking with people that know what they want, & hold passion for what they do.
And I'm really just looking forward to doing just that during my campus visits this Fall.

p.s. Got suggestions for great give-away items that I could hand out at career fairs? Throw 'em at me -leave a comment, or email me at smontie@consult-cts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment